Two format options. If you decide you would like to receive both formats (ebook and print), I have a special deal for you.
Email me a copy of your print sale receipt and I will send you a code to receive the ebook for just $10.
Lisa’s Counter Culture: Pickles and Other Well Bred Foods is available in Print or ebook formats or get both at a discount! Order some for your friends and family too! This is not your typical cookbook. Over half the book is devoted to the art and science of fermentation with recipes covering everything from kefir to condiments. This is a conveniently sized spiral bound 6 inch by 9 inch softcover book that easily flats while you brew up your next ferment. I want this to a everyday part of your kitchen.
This is a comprehensive guide covering fermentation (with Pickl-It specific recipes) and a wide array of nutrient dense foods that make up a healthy diet. All the recipes are gluten free. I cover details on sourcing your best bets for real food as well as detailed traditional recipes covering everything from bone broth, salads, meat, eggs, seafood, veggies, dehydrator and even treats. This is a collection of my best tried and true recipes.
Here’s a timely recipe for Watermelon Salsa!
Traditional Cooking for the Modern Kitchen
- Step-by-Step Instruction for Digestion Healing Probiotics
- Safe and Scientific Techniques (No More Wasted Failed Ferments)
- Delicious Nutrient Dense Foods
- Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly
- Pickl-It™ Specific Recipes
- Food & Equipment Guides
There are two main sections. Ferments and Ferment Companions.
The Ferment Section includes recipes and details on temperature, duration and salinity (when appropriate).
- Beverages: Kombucha, Beet Kvass, Ginger Ale, Water Kefir and Dairy Kefir
- Condiments: 6 Chutneys, 3 Salsas, Mayonnaise, and Ketchup
- Vegetables: Pickles, Green Beans, Carrots, Daikon and more
- Cabbage Based Ferments: A special section dedicated to the complexity of cabbage (Kraut and Kimchi)
- Starches: Dosa, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Buckwheat
- Dairy: Kefir and Yogurt and innovative recipes to use them too!
- Broth & Soup
- Salad, Dressing and Dip
- Organ Meat
- Meat: Beef, Chicken, Lamb
- Special Section Dehydrator (You would be amazed at the amazing foods you can prepare with a dehydrator)
And of course, two resource guides on food and equipment and a handy recipe index to make it easy to find exactly what you are looking for!